Monument Park occupies a square in the center of downtown Fort Lee on Palisade Avenue, adjacent to the Fort Lee Museum, and bordered by Angioletti Place and Parker Ave. The park, in the shadows of some of Fort Lee's many high-rise apartment buildings, is ringed by trees and cobblestone pathways from each of the park's corners lead to its centerpiece: a monument to the soldiers of the American Revolution.
The sculpture depicts two soldiers—one with a gun, the other with a flag—peering into the distance from atop two heavy boulders. A time capsule sits at the foot of the monument and is supposed to be opened at a Bicentennial celebration in 2104. Benches along the park's four pathways provide the opportunity to reflect on Fort Lee's historical past. Each corner entrance features a series of plaques dedicated to American Generals and one dedicated to Thomas Paine.
According to the Borough of Fort Lee, Monument Park was built and dedicated in 1908 by the Daughters of the American Revolution and is the only park in the United States dedicated to the soldiers of the American Revolution. The park was part of the Continental Army's Fort Constitution under the leadership of George Washington.
- Hours: Daily, 8am - 7pm, Standard Time; 8am - 10pm Daylight Savings Time
- Handicap Accessible: It is a ground-level park.
- Founding Date: 1908
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Features: Benches, Public art
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets
- Area: 0.727 acres