The recently announced its Wednesday evening concert schedule and a complete schedule of 2012 summer events, which also include the annual “Movies & Music Under the Stars” and “Dancing Under the Stars” series.
All events are free to the public, and in the event of inclement weather, rain dates will be announced for the concerts, according to organizers.
Below is a rundown of the Wednesday Night Concert Series—all performances start at 7:30 p.m.—with descriptions from the organizers:
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11 - The Bronx Wanderers
This show echoes the era of the past while breathing new life into the sound of today. Their ultimate tribute to Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons and Dion will feature crowd favorites “Sherry”, “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, “Walk Like A Man”, “Runaround Sue”, “The Wanderer”, and many more. They will bring you the best of The Four Seasons, The Jersey Boys, the Bronx and Beyond.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 25 - Rockers Live
The dynamic rock tribute show will thrill any audience with performances by the sound-a-like and look-a-like entertainers singing the songs of Rod Stewart, Mick Jagger, Stevie Nicks and Jimmy Buffett.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 1 – Mahoney Brothers
This versatile act creates an evening of unforgettable, nostalgic entertainment with meticulous staging and high tech visuals. Their “Jukebox Heroes” show will chronicle the musical legends: The Beach Boys, Ricky Nelson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Elvis and The Beatles. Their show stopping impersonations will excite, entice and enthrall you.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 15 – Alter Ego
This Revue showcases energetic medleys from the most successful pop, rock and disco repertoires spanning decades. The singing, dancing and multiple costume changes coupled with the group’s enthusiasm are highlighted in this colorful and surprise-filled production. Not to be missed! (Rain date: Thursday, Aug. 16)
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 29 – The Duprees
[This is] the 50th anniversary of one of the all-time favorite golden oldies groups. Known all over the world for their romantic interpretation of some of the most beautiful love songs of the 60’s. Songs include: “ You Belong to Me”, “Have You Heard” and “Why Don’t You Believe Me.”
In addition to the concert series, Fridays, July 20, Aug. 3 and Aug. 24 are “Dancing Under the Stars” nights, which take place rain or shine, according to organizers.
Included are demonstrations, group lessons and open dance time with a DJ. Instruction is provided by Dance With Me Studios, “home of Maksim Chmerkovskiy” of “Dancing With The Stars” fame, organizers say.
And finally, there’s the Fort Lee Film Commission-sponsored “Movies & Music Under the Stars” series, which takes place on Saturday nights starting at 7 p.m.
As , this year is special because it marks the , which traces its roots to Fort Lee, and the Film Commission is working with the cinema giant to celebrate not only its 100th anniversary, but also that local connection.
The films for this year’s Saturday evening series are therefore all Universal films, and the studio is waving all licensing fees, which will save the Film Commission thousands of dollars.
Fort more information about any of the summer 2012 “under the stars” events visit the Fort Lee Community Center online or call 201-592-4699.
So get your blankets and lawn chairs ready, and mark your calendars. The complete rundown of summer events at the community center is as follows:
- July 7 - Saturday: The Hot Sardines/Movie: Back to the Future (1985)
- July 11 - Wednesday: The Bronx Wanderers - 7:30 - 9pm
- July 14 - Saturday: The Hit Men/Movie: Jaws (1975)
- July 20 - Friday: Dancing Under the Stars - Latin Night - 7:30pm
- July 21 - Saturday: Enzo and The Bakers/Movie: Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
- July 25 - Wednesday: Rockers Live - 7:30 - 9pm
- July 28 - Saturday: Double Tap/Movie: The Sting (1973)
- August 1 - Wednesday: Mahoney Brothers: Jukebox Heroes - 7:30 - 9pm
- August 3 - Friday: Dancing Under the Stars - Disco/Jive Night - 7:30pm
- August 4 - Saturday: Rob Paparozzi & The Hudson River Rats/Movie: The Birds (1963)
- August 11 - Saturday: The Royal Teens/Movie: The Blues Brothers (1980)
- August 15 -Wednesday: Alter Ego - 7:30 - 9pm (Rain date - Aug. 16th)
- August 18 - Saturday: The Red Hook Ramblers/Movie: A Reckless Romeo & The Bank Dick
- August 24 - Friday: Dancing Under the Stars - Dance Finale- 7:30pm
- August 25 - Saturday: Sly Blue Jazz Band/Movie: Pillow Talk (1959)
- August 29 - Wednesday: The Duprees - 7:30 - 9pm
- September 1 - Saturday: Swingadelic/Movie: Apollo 13 (1995)
- September 8 - Saturday: Coney Island Sideshow Circus/Movie: Despicable Me (2010)
The Jack Alter Fort Lee Community Center is located at 1355 Inwood Terrace in Fort Lee.