For the entirety of October, The Shops at Riverside will take part in the community-based grassroots program, "Paint the Mall Pink", featuring educational displays, health fairs, retailer offerings, special events and other activities in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
“Paint the Mall Pink is our way of addressing this very important health issue that affects so many women and families,” said Lisa Polino, director of marketing and business development for The Shops at Riverside. “We will offer a variety of ‘pink-themed’ activities during the month that stress the importance of early detection and help spread the word about comprehensive services available in our community.”
Activities and events planned for Paint the Mall Pink at The Shops at Riverside include the following:
- Women’s Health & Wellness Fair – Saturday, October 27. Presented by Hackensack University Medical Center, this one-day event brings together health-related organizations and medical professionals to share information about breast cancer awareness, promote women’s health and wellness, offer interactive demonstrations and provide free health screenings. The Fountain Spa also will offer guests complimentary chair massages, mini manicures and hand paraffin treatments, and pink treats and refreshments will be available. The fair will be held from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Level One, near Barnes & Noble.
- Fashion Walk of Hope – Saturday, October 27. Local breast cancer survivors will model the hottest fall looks from participating retailers at The Shops at Riverside. The show begins at 3 p.m. on Level One, near the Louis Vuitton and Ann Taylor stores.
- Tree of Hope & Inspiration – Throughout October. Visitors to The Shops at Riverside can purchase a pink support tag with a suggested donation of $1 each at Simon Guest Services to encourage or honor a special person in their lives who has been affected by breast cancer. Proceeds from the sale of the pink support tags will benefit the HackensackUMC Foundation in support of women’s health initiatives.
- Pink Gift with Purchase – Throughout October. Shoppers who purchase $250 or more from mall retail stores and restaurants during October (and present receipts dated 10/1/12 to 10/31/12 at Simon Guest Services) will receive a special pink gift from The Shops at Riverside. (Only one gift per person, while supplies last.)
- “Pink Offers” – Throughout October. Participating retailers at The Shops at Riverside will feature special sales, discounts and promotions in support of breast cancer awareness.