Report Says Fort Lee Has Higher than Average Work Commute [Interactive Map]
According to the U.S. Census Report, it takes Fort Lee commuters 32.6 minutes to reach their place of employment.
- March 7, 2013
How long would you say your commute to work takes?
According to a report published by WNYC.org using figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, it takes Fort Lee commuters about 32.6 minutes to get to their place of employment.
The average travel time to work in the United States is 25.4 minutes, according to the report which includes an interactive map where one can view the average commute time per zip code. View the attached map to see how the commute from Fort Lee compares with other areas.
WNYC identifies areas where commuters take more than 90 minutes to get to work travelling 50 miles or more, which they call "mega commuters."
According to the U.S. Census report, the average times were based on four ways of getting to and form work: driving alone, carpooling, public transportation and or bicycling and walking.
See More on Patch
- Stuck No More: Commute Times Shaved with New Bus/Ferry Initiative
- 'Cops in Crosswalks' Decoy Program Catches Drivers Unaware
- Bergen County Utilities Authority's Significant Increase Impacts Municipal Budget
- School Superintendent Steps Down, Taxes on the Rise, and More This Week in Local News
- Average Home-Sale Price in Fort Lee Drops [Interactive Map]